2017 brought along a variety of tribulations, new relationships formed, some were short-lived and others feel as if they will blossom into lifetime partnerships.
Here are my five updates/takeaways from the year.
- I moved to Newark, Delaware and I am currently pursuing a Ph.D. in History at the University of Delaware. (To answer THE question about teaching… I hope to teach, but I don’t know if I have the confidence yet).
- I had an article published in The Metropole, the blog for the Urban History Association, which can be read here.
- I have a film screening at the Delaware Contemporary Museum in Wilmington, DE. Art As Information runs from November 30th, 2017 to January 26th, 2018, if you’re unable to attend the film can be watched here.
- I was able to participate in developing and bringing about an identity to a collection of images made during the late 19th and early 20th century featuring and created by African Americans. The Baltimore Collection can be viewed here.
- My mental health is in decent condition, I often find the end of the Winter semester to leave me in a panic and disarray, but I made an attempt and succeeded to combat my anxiety and depression. I’d just like to say thank you to all my friends and family that have shown me support and continue to provide me with guidance and tenderness.